Nigeria: 300 Schoolboys Kidnapped by Boko Haram Freed albawaba.com - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from albawaba.com Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
Nigerian official: More than 300 abducted schoolboys freed
By CARLEY PETESCH and HARUNA UMARDecember 18, 2020 GMT
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) More than 300 schoolboys abducted last week by armed men in northwest Nigeria have been released, a government official said Thursday.
In an announcement on Nigerian state TV, NTA, Katsina State Gov. Aminu Bello Masari said the 344 boarding school students were turned over to security officials and were being brought to the state capital, where they will get physical examinations before being reunited with their families.
“I think we can say . we have recovered most of the boys, if not all of them,” Masari said. He did not disclose if the government paid any ransom.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) More than 300 schoolboys abducted last week by armed men in northwest Nigeria have been released, a government official said Thursday.
In an announcement on Nigerian state TV, NTA, Katsina State Gov. Aminu Bello Masari said the 344 boarding school students were turned over to security officials and were being brought to the state capital, where they will get physical examinations before being reunited with their families. I think we can say . we have recovered most of the boys, if not all of them,” Masari said. He did not disclose if the government paid any ransom.
President Muhammadu Buhari welcomed their release, calling it “a big relief to their families, the entire country and to the international community,” according to a statement from his office. Amid an outcry in the West African nation over insecurity in the north, Buhari noted his administration s successful efforts to secure the release of previously abducted students. He added that th
More Than 300 Abducted Schoolboys Freed, Nigerian Official Says
Boko Haram claimed responsibility for last Friday’s abduction of the students from the all-boys school in the Katsina State village of Kankara.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (AP) More than 300 schoolboys abducted last week by armed men in northwest Nigeria have been released, a government official said Thursday.
In an announcement on Nigerian state TV, NTA, Katsina State Gov. Aminu Bello Masari said the 344 boarding school students were turned over to security officials and were being brought to the state capital, where they will get physical examinations before being reunited with their families.
“I think we can say . we have recovered most of the boys, if not all of them,” Masari said. He did not disclose if the government paid any ransom.
More than 300 abducted schoolboys freed: Nigerian official
Top Searches
This story is from December 18, 2020
More than 300 abducted schoolboys freed: Nigerian official
AP / Dec 18, 2020, 14:36 IST
FacebookTwitterLinkedinEMail
In this image made from an undated video provided by Boko Haram, boys seen in an undisclosed location. (AP photo)
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria: More than 300 schoolboys abducted last week by armed men in northwest Nigeria have been released, a government official said Thursday.
In an announcement on Nigerian state TV, NTA, Katsina State Gov. Aminu Bello Masari said the 344 boarding school students were turned over to security officials and were being brought to the state capital, where they will get physical examinations before being reunited with their families.