Last Updated:
Gelatin Sticks Seized near Mumbai Traced To Same Company That Made Antilia Case Explosives
Thane police on Monday seized around 12,000 gelatin sticks and 3,008 detonators from the Karivali area in Bhiwandi, following which two have been arrested.
IMAGE: PTI/ANI
The Thane police on Monday seized an incredible and shocking load comprising 12,000 explosive gelatin sticks and 3,008 detonators from the Karivali area in Bhiwandi near Mumbai. Following this, two people have been arrested - the owner of the company named Mittal Enterprises, Gurunath Mhatre, and his supplier from Sangamner, Amol Jondale. Both of them have been sent to police custody for further investigation into the matter.
Thane: 12,000 gelatin sticks, 3,000 detonators seized in Bhiwandi
ByPratik MukanePratik Mukane / Updated: May 18, 2021, 13:32 IST
In a major operation, a large haul of explosives -
gelatin sticks and
Crime Branch Unit-1 of
Thane police. In the raid, cops seized 12,000 sticks of gelatin and 3,008 detonators.
Police said that the gelatin sticks were packed in 60 boxes with each box carrying 190 sticks.
Upon receiving the information about the large stock of explosives being stored at
Mittal enterprise located at the Karivali village, a team was formed to conduct the raid.
Following that, police have arrested one person identified as Gurunath Kashinath Mhatre (53). The accused is a building material supplier and quarry contractor by profession and residing at Kalwar, Bhiwandi. He kept explosives in two rooms. Both rooms are located near Mahesh stone Chawl in Karivali village and are adjacent to each other, said DCP Crime Laxmikant Patil.
Antilia Probe: Mobile Used For Creating Jaish-ul-Hind s Telegram Channel Seized In Tihar
The officer said further investigation and forensic analysis will be done after the mobile handset and details of the seizure are received from Tihar Jail authorities. Outlook Outlook Web Bureau 2021-03-12T11:31:15+05:30 Antilia Probe: Mobile Used For Creating Jaish-ul-Hind s Telegram Channel Seized In Tihar outlookindia.com 2021-03-12T15:42:44+05:30
Also read
A mobile phone suspected to have been used for operating a Telegram channel through which an organization named Jaish-ul-Hind had claimed responsibility for placing an explosives-laden SUV near industrialist Mukesh Ambani s residence has been seized from Tihar Jail after the Delhi Police s Special Cell approached prison authorities in connection with the Mukesh Ambani bomb scare probe.
URL copied
No marks of forcible entry seen on SUV found near Ambani s house: police
There were no marks indicating a forcible opening of doors of the Scorpio which was found with explosives near industrialist Mukesh Ambani s house last month, a senior police official said in Mumbai on Friday. This led the investigators of the Mumbai Crime Branch to suspect that it may have been opened with a duplicate key when it was stolen, he said.
The case has been now taken over by the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
Mansukh Hiran, in whose possession the SUV was, had claimed that it was stolen from Vikhroli area a week before it was found outside Ambani s house. Hiran was found dead in mysterious circumstances on March 5.