Paul Preisz News Today : Breaking News, Live Updates & Top Stories | Vimarsana
Stay updated with breaking news from Paul preisz. Get real-time updates on events, politics, business, and more. Visit us for reliable news and exclusive interviews.
Top News In Paul Preisz Today - Breaking & Trending Today
Credit:Kate Geraghtry Save Normal text size Very large text size One in three people in the state’s hospitals with COVID-19 is in intensive care, as Sydney’s health system becomes the first in the country to confront the latest wave of highly transmissible Delta-variant cases. “We are seeing a more diverse group of patients this time, with a disproportionate number of younger patients in ICU,” said Dr Paul Preisz, medical director of the emergency department at St Vincent’s Hospital in Darlinghurst. “It just seems like nobody is safe. “Last year we saw older patients with high blood pressure and other existing conditions but this time they are younger, with no medical problems. We are seeing a broader range of ages.” ....
One in three Covid-19 hospital patients in New South Wales, Australia, is in intensive care stuff.co.nz - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from stuff.co.nz Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
Lucy Carroll, Kate Geraghty and Mary Ward12:48, Jul 14 2021 One in three people in New South Wales hospitals with Covid-19 is in intensive care, as Sydney’s health system becomes the first in Australia to confront the latest wave of highly transmissible Delta-variant cases. “We are seeing a more diverse group of patients this time, with a disproportionate number of younger patients in ICU,” said Dr Paul Preisz, medical director of the emergency department at St Vincent’s Hospital in Darlinghurst. “It just seems like nobody is safe. “Last year we saw older patients with high blood pressure and other existing conditions but this time they are younger, with no medical problems. We are seeing a broader range of ages.” ....
14 July 2021 10:09am Australia’s Prime Minister Scott Morrison has been accused of double standards in his approach to the virus outbreaks taking place between states, favouring NSW in offering lockdown packages. Mr Morrison announced on Tuesday that NSW workers would see their income support increased from $500 to $600 a week while business owners will be offered a cash-flow boost of up to $10,000. The announcement caused Victorian officials to make comparisons with the May and June outbreaks in Victoria when federal members had said that state governments should take primary responsibility for the cost of lockdowns. Mr Morrison on Wednesday morning said it was “just nonsense” to say that NSW has been favoured over Victoria. ....
NSW records 97 new community cases; lockdown extended 2 weeks NSW records 97 new community cases; lockdown extended 2 weeks Wed, 14 Jul 2021, 2:01PM Greater Sydney s lockdown will be extended by at least another two weeks after NSW recorded 97 new community Covid-19 cases today. NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian had foreshadowed the extension was coming, saying this week it would be virtually impossible for the stay-at-home orders to be lifted at midnight this Friday as planned. Today s new cases bring the total number of infections in the Sydney outbreak to 864. Of the new cases, 60 were isolation throughout their infectious period, seven cases were in isolation for part of their infectious period and 24 were infectious in the community. The isolation status of six cases remains under investigation. ....