comparemela.com

Page 5 - குலம் நரி News Today : Breaking News, Live Updates & Top Stories | Vimarsana

Mum accused of robbery, stealing and driving car at victim

Premium Content Subscriber only A young mother accused of being the getaway driver in a robbery and stealing, along with being a passenger in a car which was used as a weapon, claims she was used to seeing her co-accused driving ‘nice looking cars’ and didn’t know the recent car was stolen. Rayma Elizabeth Sweetman, 23, made a bail application in Rockhampton Magistrates Court on May 24 after being taken into custody last week. Defence lawyer Samantha Legrady made a bail application for Ms Sweetman, telling the court her client alleged she “didn’t realise the car was stolen” when she was picked up by Ms Warcon.

Man accused of ramming into stationary car and burglary

Premium Content Subscriber only A man accused of ramming another vehicle which was stuck behind another vehicle, and burglary, was granted bail last month. Vincent Joseph Smith, 27, made a bail application in Rockhampton Magistrates Court on April 19. Police prosecutor Clancy Fox alleged Smith made some admissions of his offending to police over the phone. He claimed police felt Smith was at risk of committing more offences if released on bail. Mr Fox said it would be alleged that after the initial incident at 1.30am, police were not able to locate the defendant and a few hours later, received information he was heading back to the victim’s address which caused police concern.

Magistrate says food not magical cure alcohol consumption

Premium Content Subscriber only A man busted drink driving tried to tell the court his blood-alcohol content (BAC) reading was high because he hadn’t eaten anything since 10am the day before intercept. Philip David Bain pleaded guilty on April 19 in Rockhampton Magistrates Court to one count of drink driving. Police prosecutor Clancy Fox said Bain had a BAC of .079 when he was intercepted driving on Graeme Acton Way at 9.20am on February 15. Bain, who represented himself in court, said he hadn’t eaten since 10am February 14 and had a few beers between 5pm-9pm on February 14. “There was no way I would have gone out if I thought I was over the limit,” he said.

My toddler purchased the knives for me | Morning Bulletin

Premium Content Subscriber only A man who claimed his three-year-old son purchased a knife set for him has lost the knives after police found them under his driver’s seat. Christopher Andrew Crockett pleaded guilty on April 19 in Rockhampton Magistrates Court to one count of possessing a knife in a public place. Police prosecutor Clancy Fox said police intercepted Crockett driving on Murray Street on March 28 with two passengers. He said police searched the vehicle and occupants. Mr Fox said Crockett told police he had a knife under the driver’s seat. He said police located two knives in a sheath under the seat.

© 2025 Vimarsana

vimarsana © 2020. All Rights Reserved.