Session held on steps taken to promote Punjabi language thenews.com.pk - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from thenews.com.pk Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
KMC starts demolishing houses along Gujjar Nullah
Residents have been compensated, claims city govt SAMAA | Sohail Khan and Aamir Majeed - Posted: Feb 18, 2021 | Last Updated: 1 month ago SAMAA | Sohail Khan and Aamir Majeed Posted: Feb 18, 2021 | Last Updated: 1 month ago
Your browser does not support the video tag.
This story has been updated Feb 23, 2021 to include fresh information on compensation from the government
The Karachi Metropolitan Corporation has started demolishing houses along the Gujjar Nullah.
The 12.58km nullah starts from New Karachi near Noorani Muhallah and ends at Liaquatabad near Haji Mureed Goth. It is being cleared on the recommendations of a technical team to
An anti-encroachment tribunal restrained on Monday the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) from demolishing the houses built over duly leased land during an ongoing operation along Gujjar Nullah. Fahim Siddiqi / White Star
KARACHI: An anti-encroachment tribunal restrained on Monday the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) from demolishing the houses built over duly leased land during an ongoing operation along Gujjar Nullah.
The tribunal, headed by its presiding officer Shakil Ahmed Abbasi, stayed the demolition activity for 15 days on two separate suits filed by residents of Federal B Area and New Karachi against possible demolition of their houses on the leased land along the nullah.
Karachi
January 8, 2021
On the fourth and final day of its four-day anti-encroachment operation on both sides of cityâs Mehmoodabad Nullah, the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) on Thursday cleared all kinds of soft encroachments.
KMC Anti-Encroachment Senior Director Bashir Siddiqui, speaking to The News, said all kinds of soft encroachments, including sunshades, walls, iron grills, stairs, chairs and tables of tea shops, restaurants, cabins, kiosks and faulty parked vehicles, had been removed.
Debris from the area would be removed on Friday and Saturday to make a passage for heavy machinery for the demolition of hard encroachments from Monday, he said. Earlier, the operation had been postponed indefinitely on November 19 after residents of the Mehmoodabad neighbourhood had staged a massive and violent protest against the drive.