David E Sanger, The New York Times
Published: 06 Feb 2021 10:49 AM BdST
Updated: 06 Feb 2021 10:51 AM BdST President Joe Biden before boarding Air Force One to travel to Delaware, at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, on Friday, Feb 5, 2021
President Joe Biden said Friday that he would bar his predecessor, Donald Trump, from receiving intelligence briefings traditionally given to former presidents, saying that Trump could not be trusted because of his “erratic behaviour” even before the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol. );
}
The move was the first time that a former president had been cut out of the briefings, which are provided partly as a courtesy and partly for the moments when a sitting president reaches out for advice. Currently, the briefings are offered on a regular basis to Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W Bush and Barack Obama.
President Biden said there was “no need” for former President Donald J. Trump to get the briefings, traditionally given to ex-presidents as a courtesy and to keep them informed if their advice is needed.
Biden bars Trump from receiving intelligence briefings, citing erratic beh boston.com - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from boston.com Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.