Prince Albert Daily Herald
The Prince Albert Grand Council will not hold Canada Day events this year, but the organizers of two other Canada Day events plan to go ahead with some changes. Herald file photo.
Organizers of Prince Albert’s two Canada Day events say they’re going ahead with the ceremonies, although in an altered version, while the Prince Albert Grand Council (PAGC) announced their decision to cancel their Canada Day events Tuesday night.
Representatives from both the Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 2 in Prince Albert, and the Prince Albert Multicultural council, say they’re taking different approaches this year, but have no plans to cancel or postpone their events.
Legion bringing back drive-in fish fry and raffle for Canada Day
Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 2
The Royal Canadian Legion’s drive-in fish fry was so successful last year they’re bringing it back for another Canada Day in 2021.
Last year’s fish fry drew so many people the legion ran out of fish one hour before closing time. Lorraine Gobeil, the Canada Day chair for Royal Canadian Legion Branch No. 2, said they did everything in their power to make sure that wouldn’t happen again.
“We’ve got extra fish,” she said with a chuckle. “We’re hoping to feed everybody. We’re not going to be turning anybody away.”