Detective believes suspect for Cork dog theft caught red-handed Michael Molloy (28) tells court he sold car used by person who attacked owner and took animal earlier that day
about 5 hours ago
A 28-year-old has been remanded in custody after being charged in connection with an incident where a man was attacked with a hammer and had his dog stolen in Cork city.
Michael Molloy, of An Faill, Cul Ard, Carrigtwohill, appeared before Cork District Court charged with robbing a dog from Denis McCarthy at Ballincollie Road, Ballyvolane on April 11th last.
Det Garda Brian Murphy gave evidence of arrest, charge and caution. He said Mr Molloy made no reply to the charge when it was put to him. He said gardai were objecting to bail due to the seriousness of the charge.
Man in court today following incident where a man was attacked with a hammer and had his dog stolen
redfm.ie - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from redfm.ie Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
Detective believes suspect for Cork dog theft caught red-handed
irishtimes.com - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from irishtimes.com Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
Owner and pet reunited after dog stolen by hammer-wielding masked man
Denis was walking his dog near his home in Ballyvolane, Cork when his dog was snatched in a violent robbery. By Niall O Connor Monday 12 Apr 2021, 3:24 PM 2 hours ago 17,860 Views 0 Comments
Denis McCarthy and Rocco at home in Ballyvolane.
Image: Denis McCarthy
Image: Denis McCarthy
A MAN WHOSE dog was stolen by a hammer-wielding masked man has been reunited with his beloved Rocco after the pet was brought home by gardaí following a social media campaign.
Denis McCarthy was walking his French Pit Bull on Ballincollie Road in Ballyvolane, Cork, yesterday when the man threatened him with a hammer and robbed the dog.