More than a week later, FBI avoids terror label for Nashville bombing
The bureau is still examining evidence and has not announced any conclusions
Loading the player.
The FBI investigation into whether the Nashville bombing was a terrorist act has sparked criticism about a possible racial double standard and drawn questions from downtown business owners whose insurance coverage could be affected by the bureau’s assessment.
More than a week after an explosion that struck at the heart of a major American city, the FBI has resisted labeling it an act of terrorism, an indication that evidence gathered so far does not conclusively establish that the bomber was motivated by political ideology a key factor in any formal declaration of terrorism. The bureau is still examining evidence and has not announced any conclusions, but investigators are known to be reviewing whether
UPDATE: Here is how FBI Special Agent Identified Dead Nashville Bomber – Soldier of Fortune Magazine sofmag.com - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from sofmag.com Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
Nashville residents, business owners to retrieve important items and pets from Christmas Day bomb site
Nearly two dozen downtown Nashville residents and business owners were to retrieve important items and pets Tuesday during their first up-close look at the devastation caused by the Christmas Day bombing, police said.
Federal agents sifted through debris for evidence of an explosion that rocked a historic part of Tennessee’s capital on what was a quiet holiday morning. Authorities were to escort people to the site to survey and secure their damaged homes and businesses.
“It’s really heartbreaking,” Ann Roberts, who spent more than three decades with the Metropolitan Historical Commission, told CNN affiliate WTVF.
Nashville Tennessean
Big questions still linger four days after a bomb wrecked historic Second Avenue, but Nashville is pivoting to recovery mode as the shock lifts.
Law enforcement continues to make progress in the investigation; AT&T is restoring service; and some cleanup downtown started Monday.
But a mountain of work lays ahead. Residents and businesses affected by the blast have to piece together the parts of their lives and livelihoods shattered on Christmas morning. While federal, state and local authorities identified who is responsible, they are still digging deeper into what happened and why.
David Rausch, the director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said the best way to determine motive is to talk to the person responsible, but that is not possible.