Warnings were raised about mechanical problems with a luxury DMJ bus two months before it veered off the Kei Cuttings and, with smoke filling its cabin, crashed, killing 30 passengers on Monday. An Mthatha local who wanted to remain anonymous said he had boarded coach liner CY 155 486 in Cape Town on June14 and had a hell ride home.
Passengers from one broken-down DMJ bus were loaded onto another dubious one which later crashed, killing 30 passengers, transport MEC Weziwe Tikana-Gxothiwe said. These chilling details emerged on Tuesday, a day after the horrific crash in the Kei cuttings. The passengers had left their bus in Qonce and climbed aboard the doomed double-decker luxury bus, DispatchLIVE (http://www.
A one-year-old girl who was among passengers transported to Frere Hospital after a horrific bus accident on the N2 succumbed to her injuries on Wednesday.
Twenty-eight passengers died when a DMJ luxury bus veered off the N2 in the Kei cuttings and rolled 100m into a ravine on Monday. At least six passengers suffered critical injuries and the number of casualties is expected to rise. Passengers said smoke had been coming from the bus since it left Cape Town and by the time it reached Qonce smoke was billowing from the front.