comparemela.com

Page 4 - Diana Lasu News Today : Breaking News, Live Updates & Top Stories | Vimarsana

Queensland coronavirus: Timeline of how COVID-19 spread in Queensland

Thursday marks one year since the first case of COVID-19 was reported in Queensland. Less than a month into 2020, the state was recovering from a summer of devastating bushfires and residents and authorities were bracing for cyclone season. A cleaner in the otherwise vacated King George Square in Brisbane. Credit:Tertius Pickard By March, the nation was in lockdown and Queenslanders could be fined for leaving their homes. The global tally of coronavirus cases has surpassed 100 million and more than 2 million people have died. Brisbane Times takes a look back at how the virus spread through Queensland, and some of the state’s near misses.

Queensland woman accused of lying over Melbourne coronavirus hotspot visit has one charge dropped

Queensland woman accused of lying over Melbourne coronavirus hotspot visit has one charge dropped WedWednesday 20 updated WedWednesday 20 Haja Timbo was not in court for Wednesday s hearing. ( Print text only Cancel One of three women accused of breaching the state s strict border controls last year and sparking a major COVID-19 emergency in South-East Queensland has had one charge against her dropped. In July, police charged Diana Lasu, Olivia Winnie Muranga and Haja Timbo with providing false and misleading border documents, after the group allegedly lied about travelling to Melbourne, which was a known hotspot at the time. All three were also charged with fraud in relation to allegedly dodging mandatory hotel quarantine requirements.

Cops drop charge against border breach accused

She said her client would plead guilty to the remaining charge.   Haja Timbo will plead guilty to producing false or misleading documents, her lawyer says. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Jono Searle   Defence lawyer Ben Taylor appeared for Lasu and asked for her case to be adjourned, saying he was still waiting for police to disclose some body worn camera footage and written notes in relation to the case. Lasu and Timbo s matters were adjourned for a further mention in February and Timbo was also listed for sentence on March 26. Muranga s case is expected to be mentioned later this morning. It s alleged the trio travelled to Melbourne in July where they hosted an Airbnb party in a Melbourne CBD apartment despite the city being in hard lockdown.

Queensland border jumper Haja Timbo will plead guilty to lying to authorities about Covid policies

One of the three women accused of lying on Covid declarations to plead guilty  Diana Lasu and Olivia Muranga are accused of lying their way into Queensland  When they arrived back home in Brisbane, they both tested positive to Covid Haja Timbo was travelling with them and is charged but never caught Covid     Timbo indicated she will plead guilty and a charge of fraud has been dropped   Muranga s lawyers sought further time to discuss options with their client 

New development in COVID border jumper trio case

  Police will drop a fraud charge against one of the women accused of lying to Queensland authorities on her border declaration pass last year after her lawyer confirmed she would plead guilty to producing false or misleading documents. Brisbane Magistrates Court was told Haja Umu Timbo, who is accused of lying on a border declaration pass after returning to Brisbane from Melbourne last year, will plead guilty to a charge of providing a false or misleading document. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Jono Searle   Diana Lasu, 21, Olivia Winnie Muranga, 20, and Haja Umu Timbo, 21, did not appear at Brisbane Magistrates Court as their cases were briefly mentioned on Wednesday.

© 2025 Vimarsana

vimarsana © 2020. All Rights Reserved.