Biggest COVID-19 outbreak yet in Jackson County Jail, according to officials
COVID-19 continues to be a big issue for those behind bars. Jackson County Jail is experiencing its biggest outbreak yet with 52 inmates testing positive. Two-thirds of the population are in quarantine as of Friday.
and last updated 2021-05-14 17:52:36-04
JACKSON, Mich. â Officials are saying it s the biggest COVID-19 outbreak theyâve seen in Jackson County Jail. As of Friday, 52 inmates had contracted the disease.
At the Chanter Road facility, 34 inmates have COVID, and 18 inmates tested positive at the Wesley Street facility.
âWeâre getting about 80 percent of the inmates with some symptoms. A couple of them have been severe. They have been treated and released and are now back at the Chanter Road facility,â Jackson County Sheriff Gary Schuette said.
Burglar Christopher Eeles jailed for 18 months A PREVIOUSLY convicted burglar was, “back at it”, having lapsed back into drug misuse, a court heard. Christopher Eeles sneaked into a flat in Crook on a Sunday morning last month and was involved in a brief confrontation with the mother of two young children. Durham Crown Court was told the woman thought she could hear traffic noise outside the property in High Street, Crook, shortly after 9am on April 11. She checked downstairs, where the door was open, but no-one seemed to be present. Victoria Lamballe, prosecuting, said she locked the door, but turned back and saw a stranger at the bottom of the stairs.
Man in his 40s found in street with serious head injuries
A 27-year-old has been charged with GBH with intent
10:36, 11 MAY 2021
Get the best local news with our Sefton newsletterInvalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.
Subscribe
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.
Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice
A man in his 40s was found with serious injuries during the early hours of Sunday. At around 3.10am on May 9, emergency services were called to Wesley Street in Southport, to reports of a man being found with a head injury.
Updated
Monday, 10th May 2021, 4:44 pm
John Beck, 44, of Wesley Street, Pemberton, appeared before Wigan and Leigh justices to plead guilty to using threatening or abusive words or behaviour and to taking the £3 worth of newspapers from Claytons News on April 21.
Sign up to our daily newsletter
The i newsletter cut through the noise
Sign up
COMMENTARY: Sayle Street is no raceway heraldbanner.com - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from heraldbanner.com Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.