Page 20 - தடி நிக்கல் News Today : Breaking News, Live Updates & Top Stories | Vimarsana
Canada potash project may cost BHP growth elsewhere, say investors
marketscreener.com - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from marketscreener.com Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
Canada s Cenovus Energy swings to profit, eyes asset sales to repay debt
reuters.com - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from reuters.com Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
5/7/2021
By David Ljunggren and Steve Scherer
OTTAWA, May 7 (Reuters) - Canada is ready to discuss an
intellectual property rights (IP) waiver for COVID-19 vaccines
and will not block one even though it stresses the importance of
protecting patents, officials said on Friday.
U.S. President Joe Biden on Wednesday threw his support
behind waiving IP rights for COVID-19 vaccines. Any such waiver
would have to be negotiated through the World Trade Organization
(WTO). We ve been working with partners at the WTO to find a
consensus-based solution and are ready to discuss proposals, in
particular for COVID-19 vaccines, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
5/4/2021
By Rod Nickel
WINNIPEG, Manitoba, May 4 (Reuters) - Canadian fertilizer
and farm dealer Nutrien Ltd will continue its existing
business strategy, including a focus on supporting global potash
prices over maximizing sales, new Chief Executive Mayo Schmidt
said on Tuesday.
Surging prices of corn, soybeans and canola have given North
American farmers more incentive to spend on fertilizer, lifting
profits for Nutrien. Even so, Canada s biggest agriculture
company hired Schmidt as CEO last month to replace Chuck Magro,
who resigned. When we think about potash, we re certainly focused on
price over supply, Schmidt said in his first conference call
with analysts since taking the top job in April.
By Reuters Staff
2 Min Read
(Corrects spelling of Perrine to Perrin in paragraph 8 and Gearing to Gerling in paragraph 10)
MONTREAL, April 26 (Reuters) - Dockworkers at Canada’s second-largest port on Monday began their second strike in less than a year, as business leaders urged Ottawa to quickly end a walkout they said could cost the economy C$25 million ($20 million) a day.
The federal Liberal government said on Sunday it would introduce special legislation to end the strike at the Port of Montreal, hoping to stop it from hurting the economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Unionized workers, in talks for a new contract since 2018, started a partial strike last week and warned they were prepared to walk off the job completely to protest changes to their work schedule.
vimarsana © 2020. All Rights Reserved.