comparemela.com

Page 7 - காலிட் என்றார் News Today : Breaking News, Live Updates & Top Stories | Vimarsana

ANC approaches ConCourt over unplaced pupils in the Western Cape

Heathfield High community demands charges against principal be dropped

Heathfield High community demands charges against principal be dropped Share Cape Town - Activists, parents and learners have once again come out to voice their support for Heathfield High School principal Wesley Neumann, who faces dismissal for defying an edict from the Western Cape Education Department (WCED). The disciplinary charges against Neumann stem from his opposition to his school being reopened during the last year’s first Covid-19 lockdown. On Tuesday, his supporters protested outside the WCED’s offices, demanding its new head of department (HOD), Brent Walters, drop all charges. Neumann is facing six charges following his refusal to reopen the school amid the Covid-19 infection peak last year.

Number of unplaced learners in Western Cape greatly reduced, says WCED

WCED aims to place all pupils by beginning of schools second term

After feeling the pressure the WCED releases plan for unplaced learners

After feeling the pressure the WCED releases plan for unplaced learners By Sisonke Mlamla Share Cape Town - After huge pressure from organisations including the Human Rights Commission, the Western Cape Education Department (WCED) has finally come up with a plan to place 2 550 learners that are not placed in schools. The plan will see the provision of 29 mobile classrooms to schools, as well as additional teaching posts. By Friday the number of unplaced learners had been reduced to 1 712, the department said. The plan comes after pressure groups, political parties, the SA Human Rights Commission and Legal Resources Centre demanded that the WCED make a plan to place learners in schools.

© 2025 Vimarsana

vimarsana © 2020. All Rights Reserved.