comparemela.com

Page 3 - அளவில் கலைகள் News Today : Breaking News, Live Updates & Top Stories | Vimarsana

PAPER PREVIEW: Anxiety over Popley surgery s sudden closure

A DOCTORS’ surgery has closed suddenly without warning - leaving 14,000 Basingstoke residents without access to their GP.  Queuing patients outside Shakespeare Road Medical Practice in Popley were left confused and anxious after finding out their appointments were cancelled yesterday.  The Gazette reported last year how partners of the surgery, previously known as Bermuda and Marlowe, were not renewing their contract in the spring after a damming report by the Care Quality Commission. A takeover  failed due to ‘contractual issues’, sources told this newspaper. Sources told this newspaper that a planned takeover by Bramleys Grange had failed at the eleventh hour - leaving 14,000 people in Basingstoke without a functioning doctor’s surgery. 

Anvil Arts petition gains more signatures than previously successful Campaign for the Arts plea

A PETITION created by Anvil Arts which urges Basingstoke council to reverse its 50 per cent funding cut to the organisation has exceeded the number of signatures gained by the platform’s previously successful campaign. The plea, published via arts organisation Campaign for the Arts, gained more than 5,000 than less than a week and asks the council to reverse the cut of £400,000, instead working with Anvil Arts to secure the future of theatre in the town. This is the second petition to be published on the website, which describes itself as a collective of tens and thousands of people with a shared aim of helping the arts sector to recover by securing adequate funding.

Maria Miller MP speaks out about Anvil Arts funding cut by council

Maria Miller MP speaks out about Anvil Arts funding cut by council
basingstokegazette.co.uk - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from basingstokegazette.co.uk Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.

Senior councillors hit back at Anvil Arts boss

A ROW over funding cuts to The Anvil Arts has deepened as senior councillors have penned an open letter to residents highlighting concerns over the theatre’s management. As reported in last week’s Gazette, chief executive Matthew Cleaver called for Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to reverse its decision to cut funding by 50 per cent. Now two senior figures from the council, leader Cllr Ken Rhatigan and cabinet member Cllr Simon Bound, have responded, writing a public letter, raising concerns of a lack of “strategic planning” by The Anvil Arts’ management. The organisation has been given £1.1million in public money to sustain themselves during the pandemic but hasn’t ‘adequately prepared’ itself for recovery, according to councillors.

Councillors open letter over Anvil Arts row | Basingstoke Gazette

More than 5,000 people signing a petiting calling for the authority to reverse its decision.  Now two senior councillors have responded publicly through an open letter. You can read it in full below:  Dear Resident, Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council are one of the highest funders of the arts amongst district councils in the country. The borough council has invested over £21 million since the £10.5 million initial building of the Anvil. It is with this background that we would like every resident to have the full picture around the support provided to the arts to ensure the Anvil and the Haymarket achieve everything that they can to support arts and culture as well as the economy of our borough.

© 2025 Vimarsana

vimarsana © 2020. All Rights Reserved.